Thursday, September 8, 2011

Growing up just 2 fast Amanda is 7 today


1 day old
2010
Today my little girl turned 7.  It just doesn't seem that long ago I made the trip to the hospital to have her.  She was born in between hurricanes.  She came in like a little angel who refused to eat and still has problems in that area.  She was a quiet baby until the colic hit who loved to smile.  She still does have a wonderful beautiful smile. She seemed so fragile and life suddenly became more complicated.  But you know it was worth it.  Not sure I want the colic back but I sometimes miss the little girl who use to let me sing her to sleep.  Holding her when she would let me, with her.  Now while she likes to be held for a little while she has better things to do most of the time.  She is young yet but she is becoming a truly special person.  She really cares about the people around her.  Like the little girl who had to walk home from the bus.  Amanda and JD walked her home even though Amanda's feet were hurting her.  She didn't want to leave the little girl alone.  She believes in everyone and thinks everyone is good and is her friend.  I hope some of that never leaves her but I know the world can be cruel and harsh; I dread the day she learns this.  Her world is tough enough and we are just trying to figure out what is going on with her and find ways to help her cope with the world.  She does so well most days and I am so proud of her.  At seven she still gets overwhelmed by the world around her.  The more I learn the more I am amazed at the way she deals with everything.  She is so bright and full of hope.  Most children who face the world with her condition withdraw and try and hide from the world yet she moves on.  She may be scared and need lots of reassurance but she still goes on.   She worries about others and wants to help.  She doesn't like to see anyone upset.  I can only imagine the young woman she will grow up to be.  I hope she enjoyed her day at today and on Saturday we will have family over to celebrate her birthday.  I wish mom were here to see the person Amanda is becoming. I hope Amanda knows how much she is loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment